Friday, April 4, 2008

Double Pretending

Earlier this week Isaiah wanted to do something with the plastic animals. So we made a museum. We put animals in Tupperware (glass displays). We even put water in one for the water animals. The next day he wanted to do something else with the animals. We made a pet store again using Tupperware. Then of course he wanted someone to buy the pets. Olivia had her Barbies out, so I used the them as customers for Isaiah's pet shop. They both thought it was a blast. I pooped out on them after an hour, but said they could keep playing. They played for probably another hour. They took turns being the pet store owner and the customers. Yesterday Isaiah was setting up the pet store again and said to me, "I'm pretending that the pig likes to eat snakes. I'm also pretending, I'm double pretending..."

Yesterday Olivia wanted to hold baby Callie. I was helping her and had the burp cloth laying there. Olivia picked up the burp cloth and said "She wants her blanket." As I was saying, "That's not her blanket," Olivia was taking it off and had a grossed out look on her face. She said, "I got burp on me."

Today, when we were over at Sarah's, Olivia was in the living room with baby Callie and I couldn't see them very well. Callie was fussing (just a tiny bit). Callie stopped fussing and Olivia said, "I think she needed a kiss." I asked if she kissed her and she nodded yes.

Last night when we were getting the kids ready for bed Randy said something about Kidstuff (Wednesday night church for the kids) and Micah started singing na, na, na, na goodbye. Every week the closing song at Kidstuff is that song, na, na, na, na, na, na,na, na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye. I was surprised that he knew what Kidstuff was and that he put the song with it.

No comments: