Sunday, April 6, 2008

No Way!

This has been a crazy weekend. Randy and I dropped the kids off at Grandpa and Grandma Loukota's early Saturday morning, so that we could come home and paint Olivia's new room (Micah's old room). Things we going okay until Randy got called out. He's been on call this week, but I didn't really expect him to have to go out. H was only gone about an hour, but he had to run up to the office awhile later to check on something. Then he got another call right about 4:00(the customer called in at 10:00 but Randy didn't get the call until 4:00). He had to go about as far out in the Pequot exchange as possible. Which really stunk since we were planning to go out for supper with Brent and Sarah. To make it worse, Randy got all the way out to this house and said to the guy, "I heard you were having phone troubles." The guy said, "Yeah, I was but it's working now." Randy said, "I tried calling you." "Oh, I was sleeping." Very annoying. On the bright side Brent and Sarah went to Target and killed time, so we were still able to meet them at Applebee's for supper. Unfortunately, I think I had the worse meal ever at Applebee's. I wanted my steak medium well, but it looked more medium rare and it was chewy. My garlic mashed potatoes weren't overly warm and seemed quite lumpy for mashed potatoes. I did get a little strawberry cheesecake dessert that was good. I'm most disappointed that I didn't say anything to the waitress and paid for food I didn't eat. Randy got called out again after we got home with the kids. He left at about 8:15 and didn't home until 11:15. He had to go out again this morning around 7:00 to 9:00, then again from 1:00 to 4:00ish and then again about 5:30 and he's not home yet and it's 8:30. It's 8:40 now and Randy just called and said he got stuck in the snow (which we shouldn't have) and he still has to go check on another generator, so he won't be home until some where between 11-12. At least he gets paid time and a half for being called out. So, we haven't finished Olivia's room yet. This snow, that's still coming down, is also making this a not so pleasant weekend. Earlier this week we were outside playing wearing only sweatshirts. The kids aren't real happy about it either. This morning when Isaiah looked out the window he said, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to church." Tonight he said, "Why did God do that? I think he's being naughty."

Micah has a new saying, "No way!" When I was changing him, he said something about a baby. Olivia was in the room and said, "Are you a baby Micah?" "No way, O!" (that's what he calls Olivia). He said no way to me a couple of times but I can't remember what I had asked him.

When I was reading the kids their Bible stories tonight we talked about when Jesus will come back and we will get to go to heaven with him. Olivia said, "We can bring our toys and stuff." "No, we can't bring toys or any of our stuff with us. Everything we need will be in heaven," I said. "But I want my blanket," Isaiah said full of concern. "You won't need your blanket in heaven. It's getting really old and falling apart anyway." "Yes, I want to have my blanket." Trying to avoid a melt down, I said, "Maybe when you go heaven you'll be a grown up like Mommy and Daddy and you won't need a blanket anymore." "But Grandpa has a blanket," came his reply. (which he does for taking naps in his recliner) Olivia got me off the hook by saying, "Isaiah, maybe Jesus will give you a new blanket in heaven."

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Ugh! What a frustrating weekend. As usual, I was cracking up about the kids' stuff. I love Isaiah's, "I'm not going anywhere today. I'm not going to church." I understand. We're all ready for spring weather! We had a snow day last week.

felicitouschick said...

You're right! We shouldn't have more snow! Hopefully it will leave us for good this week. :)