Monday, April 21, 2008

"Fishy, Daddy"

I came downstairs an hour ago to add a post to my blog and instead have been reading everyone else's blogs, even someone I don't know! It has been fun reading, though. Definitely not a waste of time.

I haven't felt like I've had anything to blog this last week. My kids just haven't seemed that funny I guess, maybe having PMS has something to do with that. Who knows? Last Monday morning, everyone (yes, me too) seemed rather crabby. I had a feeling it was going to be a long day when I wished the day was over and it wasn't even 8:00am. I told Isaiah, "You seem kind of crabby today. Maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed." His reply, "Mooom, I can only get out of my bed on one side!


Do you think this could be hereditary? I have a picture of Isaiah, sitting in the same chair, eating supper, with fingers rammed up both nostrils.


Does everyone else have normal pictures of their children? Please tell me your kids look like this on most days too!


When we got in the van after church Sunday, Isaiah said he wanted a pet. What kind? He didn't know. Olivia also decided a pet was a good idea. Micah doesn't like to be left out, so pretty soon he's whining, "Daddy, pet. Pet, Daddy." After talking a few minutes about different options, a fish seemed like a good idea to Isaiah, Olivia and yes, Micah. "Fishy, Daddy. Daddy, fishy." Randy asked where we would keep the fish. "In the grass," Olivia said. "But fish need water." "Well, we can bring it to the lake with us sometimes," she said. Then Olivia decides she wants a cat. We told them again that cats and dogs make Daddy sick (thank goodness). So, they are going to get a cat and it can live in their playhouse. "With the fish," Olivia says. "No. The cat will eat the fish," Isaiah tells her. When talking about what the fish would eat, Olivia said something about rocks(she has seen some fish tanks with pretty colored rocks). Isaiah is getting frustrated with her and says, "Olivia doesn't know anything about fish!" I'm hoping they just forget about the whole pet thing!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hilarrrrrious! Yes, PMS, can effect whether your kids are funny or NOT! Don't get a pet. I've regretted every time we've caved in. Sorry to all you animal-lovers. Mackenzie is so ready to get rid of the degus (rodents from South America) and Isaak is still attached (I have no idea why). Tonight we were reading about Brother Andrew, who had a pet monkey when he lived in Indonesia. So Isaak says, "I want a monkey." Arrrrgh. Lots of r's tonight. I must be feeling like a pirate. And I can't sleep.