Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Future

Today at lunch Isaiah and Olivia started talking about where they were going to live when they grew up. Isaiah said he was going to live far away and Olivia said she was also. Then a moment later Isaiah asked her if she wanted to live in Pine River (10 miles away) and he is going to live in Brainerd (20 miles). I hope that's all the farther they move! Isaiah told me I could watch his baby while he and his wife went to work, but I couldn't feed it (he pointed to his chest). He went on to say that I used to have wiggling things, but not anymore. They were probably wiggling after Micah was born (he was grabbing his chest while he was talking). Randy and I had a good laugh.

In case some of you miss having a 15 month old, here's a couple of Micah stories. He is always and that's not an exaggeration, pushing the chairs around the kitchen so he can see what's going on and get into stuff. It's really annoying when you are trying to cook. He likes to eat everything. The other day the kids and I were making a treat with Hershey kisses on pretzels. I had put them in the oven to soften. When I pulled it out Micah just dove right in and grabbed one and stuffed runny chocolate in his mouth. It must not have been very hot because it didn't seem to faze him.

Today when I came out to the kitchen after taking a shower there was a chair pushed up to the counter in front of the crock pot. The lid to the crock pot was on the floor along with a piece of carrot and onion and the crock pot was on high, not low where I had set it, and later I discovered Micah's sleeve was wet.

Isaiah and Olivia have been coloring a lot lately. Yesterday they rediscovered the markers. Micah is able to pull the caps off and decided to try the orange marker. His mouth was orange and the marker no longer had a tip. Today it was the purple one. I told the other two that they can only use the markers when Micah is sleeping. Which unfortunately I've been saying about a lot of things. We can't play a game when Micah is awake, we can't do a craft when Micah is awake, etc. We love him though! He makes us laugh everyday (thank goodness!). Lately he has been dancing, it's pretty entertaining. He definitely has his own moves.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That was so funny--we were rolling about what Isaiah said! Oh my gosh!