Monday, May 5, 2008

Signs of Spring

This morning Isaiah was excited to show me something he found in the yard. A dandelion. The first flower in our yard. Later I pointed out the buds on a tree in our yard to him. He then wanted to look around for other changes (signs of spring). We walked around the whole yard and looked at every tree, bush, and some birds. Isaiah spotted another dandelion and said, "Oh, thank heavens!"



A few different times now Isaiah and Olivia have wanted to tell jokes. The only problem is, they don't know any. Tonight at supper Isaiah says, "I want to tell a joke. When do mommy people eat crocodiles?" "I don't know. When?" Randy asked. "That's the joke," was all Isaiah said. I think tomorrow when we go to the library I should look for a kids joke book.

This morning Olivia was playing with a couple of her barbies in the kitchen. I heard her say, "Who's the boss?" "You are momma." Randy has been saying that to the kids quite a bit lately. He heard it on some program on the radio. "Who's the boss?" followed by, "When do you obey?" The correct answers are, "You are" and "Right away". Olivia can be kind of stubborn. One day she got spanked three times before she would tell Randy he was the boss!

Micah makes us laugh every day. Something he says or the way he says it is just so cute. Hard to put into writing though.

Saturday my friend Faith and I had a good laugh. We ordered some coffee and were looking around the coffee shop waiting for our orders. Faith's was done first and the lady called out, "Triple mocha something (I can't remember what she ordered). A minute later she called out my order, "Single white cow". I just looked at Faith and said, "I'm not sure I want to go get that!"

2 comments:

joolee said...

I know what you mean about the jokes. I feel like after 20 attempts to be funny I should just give in and laugh to make it stop, but I just can't. Luckily the girls have learned a few.....this one seems to be easy for them to remember. Q:What did the banana say to the hippo? A: Nothing, bananas don't talk.
It's definitely not knee slapping funny, but better than most of their efforts.

brentandsarah said...

this is a funny post! I love Isaiah saying "oh thank heavens!" I'm glad for signs of spring,too. Good luck with the jokes, if you ever need a lame one, come see me ;)