Thursday, January 22, 2009

No More Fuzz

A couple of nights ago, Micah wanted to play with the poker chips. He dumped them all out, of course. When it was time to pick them up, Randy said, "Pick up the chips." "These aren't chips." Micah said. "They're poker chips" Randy told him. Micah picked one up and put it on his face, then said, "It doesn't poke me."

Micah likes singing a lot. He usually only sings a couple of lines from a song. Recently he's been singing,"stir up a hunger in my heart". It's so cute to hear. I was making him chocolate milk the other day and he started singing,"chocolate milk in my tummy".

Today is day 5 of Olivia's no more thumb sucking. Grandma Loukota picked up some gross tasting stuff to paint on her nail. She hasn't been fighting it at all. She actually seemed excited to do it. She even left her purple blanket at home the other day, because she couldn't suck her thumb. She likes to pull fuzz from her blanket with one thumb, while sucking the other...so since she couldn't suck her thumb, she couldn't pull fuzz either. Maybe I won't have purple fuzz all over my house anymore!

This morning at breakfast, Isaiah said, "Micah is cute. I wish he could stay this way forever. He's so cute." They had a good day together. After school they played outside together and at Kids Stuff last night they had their arms around each other.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Great stuff! Isaiah's comment about Micah is adorable, and made me a feel a bit emotional. We've been watching videos of our kids when they were two and three--time flies.

brentandsarah said...

I saw Isaiah with his arm around Micah at Kid's Stuff and I thought it was really cute. I was going to tell you at MAC, but I forgot. I'll miss seeing Olivia's purple fuzz after she's been at our house!