Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas in Rochester

 


None of my kids were overly excited about their Santa gifts. I think Isaiah like Micah's batman helicopter better than his Light Sketcher. Oh well, what can you do?

 


Olivia didn't have much of a reaction to her doll at all. I thought she'd be more excited. She likes it, but she doesn't love it.


 


Micah liked his batman helicopter and his spider man slippers a lot. My mom and dad also gave him a batman costume which he REALLY likes.


 
Posted by Picasa


Christmas night, after my brother and his family arrived, all the grand kids opened presents from grandma and grandpa.


We had a fun visit with my family. We were going to leave on Monday, but stayed until Tuesday because we just having too much fun. I played a lot of games. Actually, I played one game(Carcassonne) a lot of times and a couple other games once. I was sick the first couple of days we were there. None of the tasty treats sounded good at all. I thought I would probably lose weight instead of gain, but once I was feeling better I made up for the lost days. My sister had baked a bunch and Susi's(their foreign exchange student) parents had sent a bunch of chocolates from Germany.

When we were on our way to Rochester, Isaiah wanted to know what a sign in the cities said. They were going to be enforcing DWI's through the new year. Randy told him, "That means you can't drive after you've been drinking beer, because it makes you crazy." Awhile later we stopped for a bathroom break. Randy asked if I could drive. Isaiah asked what we were doing. "Mommy's going to drive now." Randy told him. "Why?" Isaiah asked. "Because she's crazy(not real sure why he said that). Randy told him. "Does that mean she's been drinking beer?"

No comments: