Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Semi-sweet, unsweetened, what's the difference? I saw some things I wanted to try making in a Kraft foods magazine. On my shopping list I just wrote baker's chocolate. I actually didn't know there were different kinds of bakers chocolate. So, I saw some baker's chocolate and grabbed it. Last night, I made some fudge, with my chocolate. Then Randy and I were in the middle of making truffles, with my chocolate, and he, after trying the filling, said, "These are going to gross dipped in that chocolate." He then looks at the box of chocolate and says to me, "You bought unsweetened chocolate." I was thinking, "Yeah, that's what baker's chocolate is." Well, it's not. Randy dumped a ton of sugar and almond flavoring in the filling mixture and then we melted some milk chocolate chips to dip them in. Let's just say it wasn't working out so well for us. (We tried some today and they actually don't taste too bad. Although, I have a rotten cold and can't taste too much.) After that we made some white chocolate rapsberry bars, which thankfully turned out. I was having my Creative Memories Open House today and needed a treat for my ladies.


Isaiah was sitting on the couch looking at his feet and said, "I have a bunch...oh mom...I'm turning into a daddy!" He has some hair on his feet.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Get the sickness out of your system before you get here! That's what we're doing. I still don't have my voice back. Susi spent yesterday puking. Someone is always sick here. Isaiah is either turning into a daddy or a Hobbit! Very cute!