Monday, October 27, 2008

Linebacker



Is this how picture taking goes for everyone with small children or is it just me?




An airplane flew by and the picture actually turned out cute.




I don't remember having as many problems, in the past as we did this year, trying to take a family fall picture. It kept raining, people wouldn't cooperate, it got dark to early and our camera wasn't working right. Our neighbor came over to take a picture for us one night and our camera kept shutting off. Randy changed the batteries but it still wasn't working. Our neighbor got her camera and got a half way decent picture (better than any others we had tried).

Isaiah came home from school one day rather excited. I was waiting at the door for him and before he was inside he said, "I got to be linebacker today!" "Oh. Did you play football in gym class today?" I asked. He looked at me kind of confused and said, "No, I was the last kid in line. Skylar was the line leader."

I was helping Olivia in the bathroom and she says to me, "Sometimes my poop doesn't want to come out. I have to do this (pushing). I squeeze my whole body to get my food to go down to my butt so it can go in the potty."

I tried a new recipe tonight for supper. None of the kids liked it. Isaiah said, "There's good things in it, but they don't taste good together." "It doesn't seem like a supper food does it?" Randy said. "No", Isaiah said. "It taste like pie or pudding or..." Randy was saying and Isaiah finished for him by saying, "Slop." Randy and I just started laughing.

Micah doesn't call things "big" instead he says "A daddy one". It's pretty cute. He says it about everything: different sized beads on my necklace, four wheelers, pumpkins, trucks...


Last night we carved pumpkins. I should say Randy carved a pumpkin while the kids and I made a potato head pumpkin. They turned out pretty good. My camera still isn't working right. I took some better pictures with my phone but can't figure out how to get them on the computer right now.








4 comments:

joolee said...

Olivia's hair really is adorable! Gwen refers to things as Daddy ones and baby ones too. Pretty cute stuff. And as always, I love me a little potty talk:) I'd sure love to meet your adorable kiddos. I'd be on the edge of my seat the whole time waiting for one of them to say something absolutely adorable.

brentandsarah said...

How did you get such big potato head stuff?? Is that from a normal potato head kit? I have the same problem getting the kids to all look at me. The boys do this cheesy grin that I used to think was cute but now kind of iritates me. I think you need a new Cannon A590!

Nikki said...

Julie, I'm afraid my kids would just sit and stare at you...they're kind of shy at first.

Sarah, I bought a potato head pumpkin kit last year on clearance(75%) at Target.

Kristi said...

Of course you know that I laughed my head off at the linebacker story. Olivia's potty story is priceless. Cool jack o'lantern, once again. Maybe we'll do ours tonight--if not, I guess it's not getting done. Wasn't that profound?