Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Day

Yesterday was a family day for us. We're usually all together on Saturdays, but often run to Brainerd for groceries and diapers. We were home all day yesterday. I did some cleaning in the morning, but the rest of the day was very relaxing. I read on my sister's blog that they were going to play games this weekend and I thought that sounded fun. We ended playing a few games ourselves. I guess Candy Land, Pretty Pretty Princess and Guess Who are our options in this stage in life. Randy, Micah and I took a nap while Isaiah and Olivia watched a movie. We cooked hot dogs over the campfire for supper and later for dessert we made apple pies over the fire.




My mom and Dad were here visiting last weekend and my mom was talking to Isaiah about school. She said to Micah, "Maybe you can go to pre-school." He looked at her a moment and said, "I probably go to baby school", then busted out laughing.

Our kids often(need to work on that consistently) get vinegar for lying. The kids and I were at the grocery store and I said, "Oh, I need to get some more vinegar." Olivia said, "But I won't lie anymore, Mom." I told her I needed it for other things too.

Micah was interested in taking a nap the other day and I wasn't real interested in fighting with him. I had put him down for a nap and was outside for a few minutes. When I came back in he was on the couch watching a movie with Isaiah. I said, "Micah, you're supposed to in bed." "No. I supposed to watch a movie!" I went in the kitchen for less than two minutes and when I looked back in the living room Micah was asleep on the couch!

The last few days Micah has been saying everything tastes like root beer. Today he said sauerkraut tasted like root beer and the other night his bubble gum toothpaste tasted like root beer. Randy was making pancakes with the kids this week and they thought the almond extract smelled like root beer...so I guess that's where Micah got it from.

Out of the blue this week, Isaiah said, "When you die there's a golden path and a black path. If you want to be in heaven you go on the golden path. If you go on the black path you go to hell and can never get out." I asked him if they had talked about that in Sunday School, but he said no.


4 comments:

Kristi said...

Yeah--you've updated your blog. And I like your new template! Keep the posts coming!

joolee said...

Vinegar for lying!!!??? Why didn't I think of that? Apple cider vinegar or just plain ol distilled? My dad is always informing me of the benefits of apple cider vinegar........who knew you could improve your kiddo's health AND get rid of a nasty lying habit with a single jug?

I wish I could tell how all your kids got in that shelf......did Randy install a magic wall in your kitchen cabinetry?

brentandsarah said...

I like your new look and the pic of the kids is so cute! Family day sounded nice, might have to try that sometime soon.

Nikki said...

Usually plain ol distilled but I think Randy might have tried the apple cider on them....they don't care for either. I've recently started drinking apple cider vinegar in my water everyday with a little honey..it's not too bad.