Thursday, September 25, 2008

Isaiah's First Day of School



Randy and I brought Isaiah into the elementary school on Tuesday to get him registered for kindergarten. We went and looked at his classroom and met his teacher. Isaiah wanted to keep looking around the school and wanted to stay there the rest of the day. Wednesday morning he got up just before 6:00 to go to the bathroom and asked me if it was almost morning. He got up just after 7:00 and came into the kitchen and asked if he had missed the bus. He was very excited to go! He went and got dressed right away, which he usually doesn't do without being asked.



When the bus came, he just got right on and I don't think he even looked back. After the bus left Olivia and Micah both kind of started to cry. Micah said, "I want to go Isaiah, Daddy." Awhile later in the house Olivia got teared up again and said, "I want to play with Isaiah." The rest of the day Micah and Olivia fought or took turns being naughty. I didn't really miss Isaiah to be honest...the other two were plenty.



Isaiah had a fun day. I had to keep asking him questions to find out what he did. They have a garden at school and yesterday they had a pumpkin sale, so I sent some money with Isaiah and he brought home two little pumpkins. He made some friends but couldn't remember too many names. About 20 minutes after he was home he said he wanted to go back to school. He was just as excited this morning as he was yesterday. I hope that doesn't wear off to soon. I feel really good about our decision. I asked God for peace about it and he answered my prayer.

Yesterday, before Isaiah was up, Micah put on Isaiah's shoes and wanted to wear his backpack. Later in the morning when we were leaving to go to a friend's house, Micah wanted to follow the bus. I tried to tell him Isaiah was at school already, but he said it a few more times.



Olivia has been waiting to jump in the leaves for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I raked up the few that had fallen from our maple tree for her.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow--what new adventures you're all going to have! I got choked up reading this. I'm really glad he likes it. It made me wonder what my life would have been like if I'd sent my kids. I guess we'll never know. I know that next year when I drop Mackenzie off at school for the first time at 14 years old I'll be pretty emotional. And I think Isaak will be saying the same thing: "I want to play with Mackenzie." It'll be weird. I'm glad you feel good about your decision!

joolee said...

So did he start late?

I just tagged you! And it better not take you 3 weeks to complete the assignment;)

Nikki said...

Isaiah did start school late. He wasn't real willing to work with me at home and I didn't want to have to fight him every day.