Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mama, you should look in the mirror

We were using the bathroom(outhouse) at the beach recently. Isaiah had a few minutes to make some observations while going to the bathroom. "This floor looks really old. They should put in a nice shiny rock floor. They should paint these walls and doors too. Don't you think that would look nice? Why can't they think of that?!" Isaiah is really into coloring, drawing, colors, decorating etc.

When we were driving home and the sun was setting, Isaiah says, "When the sun goes down it looks like it goes behind the grass. What really happens to it? Does God take it up to heaven?"

I have thought about trying to sale my wedding dress a hand full of times over the last 11 years. Just before our garage sale I was thinking about it again. So, I got it out and decided to try it on. I got into it, but couldn't zip it up all the way in the back. (Olivia offered to help and when I told her no she said she could stand on her bed and do it. I had to tell her the problem wasn't that I couldn't reach, but that it just didn't fit.) When the kids saw me they were excited and wanted to know where I got the dress and what I was doing in it. Micah said, "Mama, you should look in the mirror." Isaiah didn't want me to sell it. He said, "I think you should save this stuff so Maren can wear it when we get married."

The kids were talking about what they wanted to be on the way to the beach. My neighbor was with and said she wanted to be a race car driver, so everyone wanted to be that too, except Isaiah. I said maybe he could work on the cars. He wasn't interested in that and said, "I don't know what I want to be." "You could be a pizza eater," Olivia suggested. Isaiah didn't like that idea either, "Olivia! That's not a job."

Olivia and I were out shopping at Kohl's and I decided to try on some bras. Not something I really wanted to do with a child along, but I really wanted a new one. She seemed to be in her own world in the fitting room until she said to me, "What are those things on your..stomach." "Breasts," I said hoping that would be the end of it, but knowing I wouldn't get off that easy. "But...well..how come they don't stay up?"

On this same shopping trip, Olivia said out of the blue, "I'm Curious George. No, I'm Curious George's sister." When I asked what her name was I was surprised when she said, "Georgia."

We got a picture of another babe while we were picnicing in Crosslake. This is Babe the Bluegill.

3 comments:

joolee said...

Welcome back:) I've missed hearing some of the hilarious interactions between your kids. If Olivia ever finds a job for pizza eater, you'd better let ME know! And you KNOW I just love anything about jiggly body parts that don't stay up:) Funny stuff!

Ooh, and I think your sister's pet peeve is this lil word verification box (below). Better get on that.

Kristi said...

I'm so jealous I don't have little kids saying funny things to help me make my blog more entertaining. I've been laughing out-loud reading this stuff! Yeah--get rid of the word verification.

Bush Family said...

I don't think a blog is supposed to be this personal - geez. :0