Monday, June 2, 2008

Do You Need A Hug?

On the way to the park recently,Isaiah says,"I just had an idea. We should have a clean up the world party. We could ask everyone we know. We could drive all over and pick up garbage. I got that idea because I just saw some garbage back there. Do you think that's a good idea?"

Last week when I was mowing I was perspiring quite a bit. When I stopped for a water break Isaiah said, "You have water on your face." "That's not water, it's sweat," I said kind of laughing. "It is? I didn't know you could sweat that much!"

Olivia loves playing with her Barbies and dollies. She'll often ask me if I'll be her baby's Grandma. She'll then come to my house to visit. Sometimes she'll ask me to watch the baby while she goes somewhere that's just for mommies. The other day she asked me, "Can you watch my baby?" "Sure." "If she cries can you feed her? "Do you have a bottle for her?" I asked. "Do you have milk in your body?" she asked. "No." "Okay I'll get her a bottle."

She wanted me to play Barbies with her tonight. She named the Barbies Sarah and Faith after two of my friends. It was cute to hear her pretending to be them.

I brought Olivia in to get her haircut last week. Her hair is always a wreck. Sometimes she'll ask me to fix it, but then she takes it out a little while later. After the lady cut it she straightened it. On the way home I told Olivia that when we washed it it would curl up again. She said, "I don't want to take a bath." "You don't have to take one tonight, but you have to take baths." "I don't want to wash it."



Micah hit his head the other day when he was getting down from a chair in the kitchen. He was kind of fussing and rubbing his head. I was sitting right there and rubbed his head asked if he hit it on the chair. "Yeah, bonk head chair." I asked, "Do you need a hug?" "Yeah." Then he turned and gave the chair a hug!

Micah is in the independent stage. We often hear him say, "I WILL!" with a lot of attitude. I think (hope) that he is getting in his molars. He's usually pretty easy going, but the last couple of weeks he's been pretty crabby and naughty. Thankfully he still makes us laugh.

2 comments:

joolee said...

What a great idea to have a clean up the world party! Now if I could just stop contributing Gwen's diapers to the land fills..... I love the video......just makes me sad that I still can't get mine to upload. Maybe it's not Mac compatible? BTW I've been waiting FOREVER for you to post something else. Stay on it Nikki, would ya? :)

Kristi said...

Cute stories! I laughed outloud about Micah hugging the chair. Miss you all!