Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Sunset"

Wow! I knew I hadn't blogged in a while but I didn't think it had been this long. These couple of weeks have been kind of busy. We got the boys' room painted(finally),scraped windows and gable ends, and painted the house. Randy's parents helped us scrape some and my parents came for an extended weekend and helped and my brother and his family came and helped for a couple of days too. I should say we helped, it felt like they did most of the work. It's hard to paint and take care of three little kids. Randy and I really appreciated all the help. Thank you again! Here are a couple pictures of the finished project.




After all our company left I did a ton of laundry. As I was pulling more clothes out of the dryer Isaiah saw my overflowing basket and said, "I think you need a couple of your friends to help you!"

The kids and I have been to lots of garage sales, although these last two weeks we've taken a break. The last time we were out Olivia bought a big box of Barbie stuff(furniture, pool, jet ski, campfire...) for $5. In the box there was a little hair drier, not for the Barbies but little girls. It didn't work and so I told Olivia we could try putting in some new batteries. We didn't have any new ones, so I took some out of another toy. The hair drier still didn't work, so I told Olivia it was broken. "No it's not. Can you find the right batteries for it?" I explained those were the right ones but the thing was just broke. She wouldn't except it. She told me a few more times it wasn't broke and she wanted me to buy new batteries. That night before bed she said, "While I'm sleeping can you look for some batteries?" When I told her again it was broken, she said "I told you ten times it's not broken!" Later when we checked on her before we went to bed, she was sleeping on her floor with the hair drier tucked under her arm! When I went to get the camera she turned on her side, but you can still it.



We've spent most of this past week outside. We were at the park three mornings and most afternoons were spent playing in our yard with the neighbors. Our next door neighbor is watching two of her cousins this summer. An 8 year old and a 3 year old(both boys). Our neighbors across the street have two boys also, a almost 5 year old and a 2 year old. The kids really enjoy having someone to play with(I don't mind it myself). Micah likes playing in the little pool. I think we might need a bigger pool though. He had a couple of big trucks in there, his lawn mower and some small sandbox toys.

Some park pictures




The kids found a baby turtle at the park last week and Isaiah really wanted to take it home. I let him. I'm feeling sorry for it now. It's been living in an ice cream bucket and I'm not sure if it's really eating anything(we've given it carrot, lettuce,grape halves). Today Randy and I told them we thought it was time to let "Sunset"(Isaiah named him Louie at first then changed his name the next day to sunset)go. They both fell apart. We'll have to talk about it again. Isaiah wants to get a little aquarium and keep him in his room. Early this week we saw a bigger turtle outside our fence digging holes looking for a place to lay eggs. Olivia said, "We should show it Sunset. It could be his mom because he doesn't have one. It wouldn't have to lay eggs."

Yesterday at the park on of the kids' friends was saying he wished it was winter. His mom told the kids he liked winter because that's when Christmas was. So, in the van today Isaiah and Olivia were saying, "I like snow. I like presents." Micah of course started copying them, but after a few rounds he decided to be his own person and said, "I like Toby Mac."

5 comments:

brentandsarah said...

I like your house colors! I'll have to see it in person sometime soon. I thought it was hillarious that Micah said he liked Toby Mac. So random! I loved it!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Love the accent colors on the house...great job! Looks very welcoming and snazzy!

Kristi said...

The house looks great! Is that word you're using scraping/scrape or actually scrap--I'm confused. I'm a slave to spelling. I loved Olivia's hair drier story--poor little girl! "I told you ten times!" LOL. O.K. Micah's Toby Mac comment had me laughing so hard I had tears. I keep getting the giggles thinking about it.

Nikki said...

It's scrape...I can't spell worth beans!

joolee said...

I was starting to wonder what happened to you. It all makes sense now. Your house looks great...I'm a sucker for a red door:) We brought a pet frog, Freddy home from a pond a few weeks ago. We fed him all kinds of gross buggy things and I don't think he ate any of them. I felt like such a sap.....feeling bad for poor little Freddy right from the start cuz we took him away from all his other froggy friends and family. I was paranoid that I would wake up one morning and he would be dead. Such a relief to let him go. Then we decided to bring a bunch of tadpoles home. They were all dead within 24 hours:(