Thursday, March 13, 2008

When I'm A Big Girl

In the last few months, Olivia, has often talked about "when she's a big girl...". Here are a few of her when I'm a big girl:
I'm not going to suck my thumb anymore
I'm not going to pull fuzz from my blanket
I'm going to get my ears pierced
One of personal favorites was when she was talking about my niece Mackenzie who has braces. "When I'm a big girl I hope I have sparkly teeth like Mackenzie".

Isaiah recently learned what backwash is, but he doesn't quite have the terminology down. He said to me, "It looks like someone in washed".

Last Friday we were planning to go to a carnival at the elementary school with some friends. The kids were really excited about. For some reason, Isaiah was talking about spinach before we left. He told Sarah that he liked spinach now. Then he said all excited, "I hope I win some spinach!"

Yesterday Isaiah and Olivia were playing with Olivia's Little Ponies. They switched the heads on two of the ponies. Awhile later I was listening as they were playing. Apparently the two ponies were fighting and the mom(played by Isaiah) came in and said, "Now what are you children fighting about?" One pony(Olivia) said, "He took my head" and the other(Isaiah) said, "She took my body". Then the mom said, "Who really started this?" I don't think she ever got an answer. It was pretty comical.

Isn't 18 months a little young for asking why? This last week Micah has started in with the whys. The other day he had grabbed a pair scissors and I told him to put it back. "Why,mommy?" was his response. Today while we were out I told him I had to go to the bathroom, same thing, "Why, mommy?" I've heard him say it a couple times to Randy and even to Olivia. Speaking of Olivia, Micah has started calling her "O". Today after lunch he came into the kitchen fussing. When I asked him what was wrong he said "O" and kind of swung his arm, like she hit him.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Fabulous stuff! I hope I win some spinach--LOL. I love the Little Pony conversation. It reminds me of Mackenzie and Isaak at about the same age playing Barbies and dinosaurs--I took a picture of the dolls and dinos sitting at a Barbie picnic table together. Priceless.

brentandsarah said...

that is some pretty funny stuff. i love the pony dialoge. and I think its funny Oliva wants sparkly teeth.

sarah

ps. not sure why i am using lower case