Saturday, January 19, 2008

Not Like the Rest of the World

A couple of nights ago, Isaiah, made a picture frame out of construction paper and sticky foam animals. He was pretty proud of it. I helped him find a picture for it. We were downstairs and he was holding it up all in almost every spot imaginable trying to decide where to hang it. He didn't end up deciding that night. The next morning he was in the kitchen holding it up on the walls and the cabinets. He finally decided on a spot on one of the cabinets. He told me, "If you're cooking and we're in our room playing and don't want to stop, you can just talk to us here."


We had pork chops a few days ago for supper. Isaiah was chewing rather loudly, so I asked him if he could chew a little quieter. His response, "But I'm not like all the other people in the world, I chew with my mouth open."

Olivia has been becoming quite fond of playing in the bathroom lately. By that I mean, she always wants to go in there and put on chap stick or lotion, and to mess with things she's not supposed to. The other day she discovered some make-up in a drawer that I don't use any more. She put some lipstick on...under her lips. So, yesterday she was in there again for about the hundredth time. I didn't think too much of it.
Later when I went in there I noticed a few fine hairs on the toilet lid. I peaked in the garbage and saw more fine hairs. I went to find Olivia and asked her if she had cut her hair. I couldn't tell because two weeks ago I brought her to get her hair cut and gave her some bangs, which were at this moment off to the side. She didn't really answer me, just look at me. I straighted out her bangs and found she did indeed give herself a little haircut. Thankfully it's not too bad.

I brought the kids to the library late Thursday afternoon. We straight over to some friends house so we didn't read any of the books that night. In the morning,Isaiah was looking through the books and came across The Littles. He said,"This is a big person book." Kind of like, why did you get this?! That afternoon when I pulled it out to read, Isaiah said, "Why is it black and white? I don't like the pictures black and white." I started reading it to him and Olivia and they kept wanting me to read more. We finished it that day. I told them there were a lot more books about the Littles and they got pretty excited.






Just a cute picture of my boys.

1 comment:

felicitouschick said...

In the world, but not of it, huh? :) That is hilarious! I wonder if that will work on a date later in life. ;)
Love, Erin