Monday, January 14, 2008

I Just Want To Eat

Last week one night Randy and Isaiah were wrestling around in the livingroom. Olivia came in and jumped right in. Right away she started saying, "Owie, Owie," which she seems to say sometimes for attention (she wasn't hurt). Randy said, "If you don't want to get burnt don't jump in the fire". A few minutes later, after they had taken a break, Isaiah said, "Olivia, do you want to wrestle with me and Daddy?" Olivia said, "No, I don't want to get burnt up."

Last Friday, I think, but it could be any number of days, I found myself getting frustrated at lunch. I always try to get the kids all situated and then get my lunch. I'm often the one who says I'm hunger, but if I just start to eat they become vultures. They were all at the table eating and I was making myself a salad. Micah started throwing food on the floor, which seems to be his new favorite pasttime. I took him out of his chair, washed him up and put him in his crib for a timeout. I was almost done making my salad and Olivia had to go potty. I just started eating and Isaiah needed help in the bathroom. I'm eating and Olivia has to go potty again (there's something about wiping butts during a meal that makes one start to lose their appetite). The kids are all done eating by this time. I sit down and I'm eating for a couple of minute when Isaiah starts to cry. I yelled, "What's going on?" I just hear Isaiah crying and now saying, "Mommy, Mommy!" So, I leave my salad once again and go into Micah's room (where they all are) and find Olivia in Micah's crib and Isaiah kind of hanging there with one leg on each side of the crib rail. I help him down and he's still crying and saying, "She made me go in there." I first thought was, yeah right, he sounds a lot like Adam. So, anyway all that to say, I really enjoy those times when I can just sit down and eat without having to get up and wipe butts, get someone something or see what someone is doing in the other room.

Today, Isaiah, was driving one of his cars all over on the counter. He kept asking me where I wanted to go and then he'd say, That's over by the toaster, or the microwave or wherever, and then he's drive there. His car was kind of making a squeaking noise. He said, "You better go to the mechanic after this." So I did. He says, "Okay, it's fixed." Squeak, Squeak. He looked at me with an oops kind of look as I was saying, "Uh-oh!" "Mommy, it's just a toy. I don't know why it squeaks."

No comments: